Perfectly Imperfect Teen Group (15-18)General
Oct 06, 2022
3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Maximum Registrants 12What do these icons mean?
Age Group: 15-18
Meet At: https://actorsfund-org.zoom.us/j/89902585781?pwd=VXVXQzU3azB2eUhiRnRvMkpEVTBYUT09
Perfectly Imperfect Teen Group
For Looking Ahead members, Ages 15-18
"It's got to be perfect! Otherwise, I'm a complete failure!"
Does this sound familiar? That is perfectionism, and so many people in this world struggle with it. Perfectionism is the belief that everything must be perfect all the time. When a perfectionist sets goals that are impossible to achieve, they feel devastated.
Being a teenager is not easy. Being a teenager and working as a professional young performer can be overwhelming! This 4-week support group gives you a space to talk, share, and learn more about perfectionism and what you can do to cope with and recover from perfectionism. It is time to free yourself from the fear of failure, criticisms, and rejection, and to start living your life in a more balanced way.
If you are ready to learn, willing to share, and can commit to the four weekly sessions, then this group is for you!
Disclaimer: This is not group psychotherapy.
Register now! Space is limited.
**Before the group officially starts on October 6, a pre-group interview will be held to discuss expectations and structure of the group, answer any questions and confirm your spot in the group. Contact Anna at email@example.com to set up an interview.
**Note: This is not a drop-in group, so participants must register prior to October 6 to attend the four sessions.
WHEN: 4 weekly sessions, beginning on Thursday, October 6 at 3 pm PST/ 5 pm CST/ 6 pm EST
WHERE: Virtually via Zoom - Online registration and completed informed consent form are required (form link is available under "Documents")
Zoom link will be emailed directly.
Questions? Contact Anna at firstname.lastname@example.org or (323) 330-2436.
Week 1 - Thursday, October 6 from 3-4 pm PST/ 5-6 pm CST/ 6-7 pm EST
- What is perfectionism?
- Perfectionism in the performing arts and entertainment industry
- Learn how to reduce perfectionism
Week 2 - Thursday, October 13 from 3-4 pm PST/ 5-6 pm CST/ 6-7 pm EST
- Perfectionism's role in anxiety, depression, and burnout
- Negative automatic thoughts and core beliefs
- Coping skill to decrease perfectionism
Week 3 - Thursday, October 20 from 3-4 pm PST/ 5-6 pm CST/ 6-7 pm EST
- Perfectionism in minorities
- Perfectionism vs. striving for excellence
Week 4 - Thursday, October 27 from 3-4 pm PST/ 5-6 pm CST/ 6-7 pm EST
- Review skills and strategies learned
- Connect with each other
- Continue your journey beyond the group
Zoom Meeting Guidelines
Before the meeting:
- Download Zoom to your desktop at zoom.us or download the app to your tablet or phone.
- Pick an indoor space that is quiet to set up your phone, tablet, or computer.
- Add your real first and last name to the account. It is recommended to add your pronouns.
- Use the Zoom link and meeting ID code to log into the Zoom meeting.
- Log in 10 minutes prior to the meeting time and check that your video and audio are working properly.
- DO NOT select “Share Your Desktop” (this will enable all meeting participants to view your desktop and incoming messages).
- Mute your microphone when you are not speaking, to avoid adding background noise in the meeting.
- Raise your hand to ask a question or participate in discussions and wait to be called on.
- Use Zoom’s chat function - You are able to text chat with others during the meeting, but only use it to enhance discussion. This is not a place to have side conversations. You can send a question or statement to everyone or privately to a participant.
- Think about your actions on camera. Always remember that everyone can see you.
Note: If you can no longer attend the Zoom event, be sure to cancel online. All of the same event rules and expectations apply. Please view our Code of Conduct in the link under Documents.