"What I Wish I Knew" Interview with Camille WinbushEducation
Dec 07, 2022
6:00 pm - 7:15 pm
Maximum Registrants 30What do these icons mean?
Age Group: 9-18
Meet At: https://actorsfund-org.zoom.us/j/82449701749?pwd=NHJjekI3VTlLSXV1dEdkU0ZhemRDdz09
Virtual Event: "What I Wish I Knew" Interview with Camille Winbush
For All Looking Ahead Families
Looking Ahead's What I Wish I Knew Interview Series is back with our next guest, Camille Winbush. She is best known for her role as Vanessa, the oldest of three siblings, on the Emmy award-winning television series, The Bernie Mac Show. Camille has played many roles as a child actor and continues her career as an adult. Join us in conversation as she shares about her experience as a child actor and what she wish she knew before getting into the industry. Be sure to RSVP to join us!
See below for more about Camille.
WHEN: Wednesday, December 7 @ 6:00pm-7:15pm PST
WHERE: Via Zoom - Online Registration is required
Meeting ID: 824 4970 1749
Questions? Contact Vy at email@example.com, 323.330.9244.
About Camille Winbush
Camille Winbush began her acting career at age 2, when a talent scout signed her on the spot after hearing her spirited rendition of the classic song “Que Sera, Sera.”
Camille has had a fruitful career thus far, playing some very memorable roles in television history. Most notably as Vanessa, the oldest of three siblings on the Emmy award winning television series, "The Bernie Mac Show," and Lauren, the voice of reason on the People's Choice award winning series "The Secret Life of the American Teenager" for five years each respectively.
Winbush, is a three-time NAACP Image Award winner for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series as well as a Young Artist Award winner for her work on "The Bernie Mac Show". Her other television credits include a polarizing guest star role on "Grey's Anatomy", and many more recognizable shows.
Winbush’s film credits include a starring role in Artisan Entertainment’s critically-acclaimed cult classic “Ghost Dog” opposite Forrest Whitaker, as well as roles in “Eraser” with Arnold Schwarzenegger and “Dangerous Minds” with Michelle Pfeiffer. Most recently she starred alongside Vivica A. Fox and Ella Joyce in the Christmas film “Holiday Hideaway”. She has also lent her vocal talents to many projects including the soundtrack to the film "Geppetto" and the holiday album "Schools Out! Christmas".
Also an entrepreneur, Winbush fulfilled a dream in 2003 by opening her own ice cream parlor, Baked Ice, for which she received the coveted TeenPreneur Award, from Black Enterprise Magazine which recognized Winbush for outstanding business leadership and achievement among her peer group.
Camille also lends her name and time to many charities. She was the spokesperson for LoveIsRespect.org, a dating abuse helpline, and has worked with several reputable groups like the March of Dimes, Read Across America, was a mentor to a young girl in the Big Brothers Big Sisters program, and has volunteered as a chaperone with the Looking Ahead program at serveral events over the years.
Zoom Meeting Guidelines
Before the meeting:
- Download Zoom to your desktop at zoom.us or download the app to your tablet or phone.
- Pick an indoor space to set up your phone, tablet or computer that is quiet.
- Add your real first and last name to the account
- Use the Zoom link and Meeting ID code to login to your zoom meeting.
- Login 10 minutes prior to the meeting time and check that your video and audio are working properly.
- DO NOT select “Share Your Desktop” (this will enable all meeting participants to view your desktop and incoming messages).
- Mute your microphone when you are not speaking, to avoid adding background noise in the meeting.
- Raise your hand to ask a questions or participate in discussions and wait to be called on.
- Use Zoom’s chat function - You are able to text chat with others during the meeting, but only use it to enhance discussion. This is not a place to have side-conversations. You can send a question or statement to everyone or privately to a participant.
- Think about your actions on camera. Always remember that everyone can see you.
Note: If you can no longer attend the Zoom event, be sure to cancel online. All of the same event rules and expectations apply. Please view our Code of Conduct in the link under Documents.