Book Club: The Hate You Give - Meeting #4 (12-18)Education
May 28, 2020
3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Your home! Login to the Zoom Link
Maximum Registrants 15What do these icons mean?
Age Group: 12-18
Meet At: The Zoom Link provided
Weekly Book Club Meeting #4
The Hate You Give, by Angie Thomas
For Professional Young Performers, Ages 12-18
As requested by some teens who participated in last month's Book Club, our next book will be The Hate You Give by Angie Thomas. The book explores the life of sixteen-year-old, Starr Carter, who moves between two worlds: the poor neighborhood where she lives and the fancy suburban prep school she attends. The uneasy balance between these worlds is shattered when Starr witnesses a tragic event. RSVP online to join us for our May/June Book Club!
Parental Advisory: This book contains mature elements including violence, language and some drug and sexual content.
** Come to the group having read the following pages **
WHEN: Thursday, May 28 @ 3:00pm-4:30pm (pages 226-300)
At your home using Zoom online!
Meeting ID: 861 730 7481
- Download Zoom to your desktop at zoom.us or downlad the app to your tablet or phone.
- Pick an indoor space to set up your phone, tablet or computer that is quiet.
- Add your real first and last name to the account.
- Use the Zoom link and Meeting ID code to login to your zoom meeting.
- Login 10 minutes prior to the meeting time and check that your video and audio are working properly.
- DO NOT select “Share Your Desktop” (this will enable all meeting participants to view your desktop and incoming messages).
- Mute your microphone when you are not speaking, to avoid adding background noise in the meeting.
- Raise your hand to ask a questions or participate in discussions and wait to be called on.
- Use Zoom’s chat function - You are able to text chat with others during the meeting, but only use it to enhance discussion. This is not a place to have side-conversations. You can send a question or statement to everyone or privately to a participant.
- Think about your actions on camera. Always remember that everyone can see you.
Note: If you can no longer attend the Zoom event, be sure to cancel online. All of the same event rules and expectations apply. Please view our Code of Conduct in the link under Documents.
Questions? Contact Chris at email@example.com