EverFi Financial Literacy Check-in #3 (12-18)Education
May 29, 2020
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Your home! Login to the Zoom Link
Maximum Registrants 15What do these icons mean?
Age Group: 12-18
Meet At: The Zoom Link provided
EverFi Financial Literacy Course Check-in Meeting #3
For Professional Young Performers, Ages 12-18
Be sure to complete Modules 5, 6 & 7 prior to this last meeting!
About the EverFi Course
One of the most important skills you can learn is money management. So in partnership with First Foundation Bank, Looking Ahead is offering the online EverFi Financial Literacy program to our member for free! Some Looking Ahead members have already taken advantage of this free course in the past. Now there is a new, revamped version of the course, which is shorter and more interactive. Many schools will count this online course as school credit!
There are 7 modules and each one takes 45 minutes to an hour to complete. The course was created specifically for teens (ages 12-18) and covers topics such as Banking Basics, Budgeting, Income and Employment, Credit and Debt, Consumer Skills, Financing Higher Education and Insurance. Once you've completed all seven modules, you'll receive a certificate of completion.
Friday, May 29 @ 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
WHERE: At your home using Zoom online!
1) Download Zoom at zoom.us or download the app to your phone or tablet
(For events, it's best to use a desktop or tablet to view all participants, but phones also work)
2) Insert or click the following link to join the meeting at the scheduled date and time:
Join Zoom Meeting link:
Zoom Meeting Guidelines
Before the meeting:
- Download Zoom to your desktop at zoom.us or downlad the app to your tablet or phone.
- Pick an indoor space to set up your phone, tablet or computer that is quiet.
- Add your real first and last name to the account.
- Use the Zoom link and Meeting ID code to login to your zoom meeting.
- Login 10 minutes prior to the meeting time and check that your video and audio are working properly.
- DO NOT select “Share Your Desktop” (this will enable all meeting participants to view your desktop and incoming messages).
- Mute your microphone when you are not speaking, to avoid adding background noise in the meeting.
- Raise your hand to ask a questions or participate in discussions and wait to be called on.
- Use Zoom’s chat function - You are able to text chat with others during the meeting, but only use it to enhance discussion. This is not a place to have side-conversations. You can send a question or statement to everyone or privately to a participant.
- Think about your actions on camera. Always remember that everyone can see you.
Note: If you can no longer attend the Zoom event, be sure to cancel online. All of the same event rules and expectations apply. Please view our Code of Conduct in the link under Documents.