Book Club: So You Want to Talk About Race (12-18) #1Education
Aug 03, 2020
3:00 pm - 4:15 pm
Your home! Login to the Zoom Link
Maximum Registrants 15What do these icons mean?
Age Group: 12-18
Meet At: https://zoom.us/j/8617307481
Weekly Book Club Meeting #1
So You Want to Talk About Race by ljeoma Oluo
For Professional Young Performers, Ages 12-18
Book club has been going strong for the past three months. In April, we pondered our personal legend with The Alchemist and in May, we learned about racial injustice and finding our voice in The Hate U Give. In July, we read Ray Bradbury's acclaimed novel Fahrenheit 451. Book club members have now selected the book So You Want to Talk About Race by ljeoma Oluo. If you like to read, or just need some social connection. Come join the book club.
WHEN: Monday, August 3 @ 3:00pm-4:15pm
Come to the meeting having completed Reading Pages Pages 1-69
At your home using Zoom online!
Join Zoom Meeting link: https://zoom.us/j/8617307481
Meeting ID: 861 730 7481
Get the book for Free Online!
Option 1: Get Audible at Audible.com or get the app for your phone. They offer a 30-day free trial for online books and during that time you get the following:
Free membership for 30 days with 2 audiobooks and 2 Audible Originals.
After trial, get 1 audiobook and 2 Audible Originals each month.
You will get an email reminder 7 days before your trial ends. No commitments. Cancel anytime and keep all your audiobooks.
Note: The LA County Library is offering temporary digital library cards for digital books. You can login to their website to see if you can check out the online book.
Zoom Meeting Guidelines
- Download Zoom to your desktop at zoom.us or downlad the app to your tablet or phone.
- Pick an indoor space to set up your phone, tablet or computer that is quiet.
- Add your real first and last name to the account.
- Use the Zoom link and Meeting ID code to login to your zoom meeting.
- Login 10 minutes prior to the meeting time and check that your video and audio are working properly.
- DO NOT select “Share Your Desktop” (this will enable all meeting participants to view your desktop and incoming messages).
- Mute your microphone when you are not speaking, to avoid adding background noise in the meeting.
- Raise your hand to ask a questions or participate in discussions and wait to be called on.
- Use Zoom’s chat function - You are able to text chat with others during the meeting, but only use it to enhance discussion. This is not a place to have side-conversations. You can send a question or statement to everyone or privately to a participant.
- Think about your actions on camera. Always remember that everyone can see you.
Note: If you can no longer attend the Zoom event, be sure to cancel online. All of the same event rules and expectations apply. Please view our Code of Conduct in the link under Documents.
Questions? Contact Chris at email@example.com