Interview Series: "What I Wish I Knew" with Kimberly MarableEducation
Sep 16, 2020
5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Your home! Login to the Zoom Link
Maximum Registrants 50What do these icons mean?
Age Group: 9-18
Meet At: https://zoom.us/j/8617307481
INTERVIEW SERIES: "WHAT I WISH I KNEW"
with Kimberly Marable, Broadway Actress
For Families of Looking Ahead program
Each month, Looking Ahead interviews amazing industry professionals who share their stories and tips they wish they knew along their journeys. Participants will be able to listen to the conversation and ask questions moderated by the host. RSVP to join us! Looking Ahead Parents and kids are welcome.
WHEN: Wednesday, September 16 @ 5:00pm-6:00pm PST
WHERE: Online Zoom Meeting
1) Download Zoom at zoom.us or download the app to your phone or tablet
(For events, it's best to use a desktop or tablet to view all participants, but phones also work)
2) Insert or click the following link to join the meeting at the scheduled date and time:
Join Zoom Meeting link:
Meeting ID: 981 6990 0720
Guest: Kimberly Marable
Kimberly Marable is an original cast member of TONY and GRAMMY Award-winning HADESTOWN on Broadway where she understudies Persephone and a Fate. Additional Broadway/Touring credits include THE LION KING, THE BOOK OF MORMON, SISTER ACT, DREAMGIRLS, HAIRSPRAY and THE WEDDING SINGER. She has appeared on CBS' BULL, NPR Music's Tiny Desk Concert series, and numerous television specials, including the 85th & 93rd Annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parades and the 73rd Annual TONY Awards.
Kimberly is the voice of Lorelai in the Netflix Anime series, CANNON BUSTERS and also the promotional voice for two shows on The CW. Born and raised in NYC, and a Dartmouth College graduate, Kimberly is no stranger to the intense need for volunteerism, social awareness and community enrichment. In 1999 she co-founded DAIS, a discussion group for high school students in the NYC/tri-state area surrounding issues of diversity. Since then, she has been a dedicated fund-raiser for grant-giving/cause-based organizations such as Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS and Covenant House.
In 2012, Ms. Marable was thrilled to take a more active role in marrying her love for the theater and global community, and inspiring both her peers and the next generation of theater professionals to do the same—she co-founded Broadway Serves, which provides community service opportunities to theater/entertainment professionals looking to volunteer. Currently, she manages volunteer opportunities for touring productions and NY-based child actors with the Broadway Serves To Go and Kids Serve programs respectively.
Zoom Meeting Guidelines
Before the meeting:
- Download Zoom to your desktop at zoom.us or download the app to your tablet or phone.
- Pick an indoor space to set up your phone, tablet or computer that is quiet.
- Add your first/last name to the account.
- Use the Zoom link and Meeting ID code to login to your zoom meeting.
- Login 10 minutes prior to the meeting time and check that your video and audio are working properly.
- DO NOT select “Share Your Desktop” (this will enable all meeting participants to view your desktop and incoming messages).
- Mute your microphone during the entirety of the meeting. You can ask questions during the Q&A.
- Think about your actions on camera. Always remember that everyone can see you