GSA: Come As You Are Teen Support Group (12-18) 4/8General
Apr 08, 2021
3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Maximum Registrants 15What do these icons mean?
Age Group: 12-18
Meet At: https://actorsfund-org.zoom.us/j/92702476191?pwd=T2R3WWlSc2JBMTAvOHp5TjI0cUduQT09
If this is your first time registering to join this group, please Email Chris before RSVPing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gay Straight Alliance (GSA): Come As You Are Teen Support Group
For Professional Young Performers, Ages 12-18
Looking Ahead now offers a monthly Come As You Are (CAYA) teen support group for LGBTQ youth and allies ages 12-18. Originating out of the need for community expressed by LGBTQ youth of the program, Looking Ahead's goal is to provide acceptance, affirmation and support for our LGBTQ members, and to create a space of support amongst peer allies and program staff.
For those parents who have questions about the group, or about resources to support your youth, please reach out to Chris at email@example.com or (323) 330-2422.
WHEN: Thursday, April 8 @ 3:00pm-4:00pm
For members under the age of 18, a parent-signed Informed Consent form for individual counseling from 2020 is required before the first session. If you've already turned in this form for the weekly Come As You Are group, you do not need to resubmit a new form. Form is available under Documents.
WHERE: At your home using Zoom online!
1. Download Zoom at zoom.us or download the app to your phone or tablet
2. Join the Zoom meeting:
Zoom Meeting Guidelines
Before the meeting:
- Download Zoom to your desktop at zoom.us or downlad the app to your tablet or phone.
- Pick an indoor space to set up your phone, tablet or computer that is quiet.
- Add your real first and last name to the account.
- Use the Zoom link and Meeting ID code to login to your zoom meeting.
- Login 5-10 minutes prior to the meeting time and check that your video and audio are working properly.
- DO NOT select “Share Your Desktop” (this will enable all meeting participants to view your desktop and incoming messages).
- Mute your microphone when you are not speaking, to avoid adding background noise in the meeting.
- Raise your hand to ask a questions or participate in discussions and wait to be called on.
- Use Zoom’s chat function - You are able to text chat with others during the meeting, but only use it to enhance discussion. This is not a place to have side-conversations. You can send a question or statement to everyone or privately to a participant.
- Think about your actions on camera. Always remember that everyone can see you.
- If you can no longer attend the Zoom event, be sure to cancel online. All of the same event rules and expectations apply. Please view our Code of Conduct in the link under Documents.
- Consent form must be filled out for all participants. Parents must complete for those under 18. If you've already filled out consent for Come As You Are earlier in the year, you do not need to do another one.