Summer Book Club (Ages 9-12) 7/23Social
Jul 23, 2021
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Maximum Registrants 15What do these icons mean?
The Mysterious Benedict Society Book Club
We'll be reading the bestseller: The Mysterious Benedict Society for the month of July.
Each session (Friday 7/9, 7/16, 7/23, 7/30) we'll be discussing a part of the book.
"Are you a gifted child looking for special opportunities?
When this peculiar ad appears in the newspaper, dozens of children enroll to take a series of mysterious, mind-bending tests. (And you, dear listener, can test your wits right alongside them.) But in the end just four very special children will succeed. Their challenge: to go on a secret mission that only the most intelligent and resourceful
children could complete. To accomplish it they will have to go undercover at the Learning Institute for the Very Enlightened, where the only rule is that there are no rules.
As our heroes face physical and mental trials beyond their wildest imaginations, they have no choice but to turn to each other for support. But with their newfound friendship at stake, will they be able to pass the most important test of all?
Welcome to the mysterious benedict society."
WHEN: Friday July 23 @ 2:00pm-3:00pm
WHERE: At your home using Zoom online!
1. Download Zoom at zoom.us or download the app to your phone or tablet
2. Join Zoom Meeting link: https://actorsfund-org.zoom.us/j/99384789476
Meeting ID: 993 8478 9476
Zoom Meeting Guidelines
Before the meeting:
- Download Zoom to your desktop at zoom.us or downlad the app to your tablet or phone.
- Pick an indoor space to set up your phone, tablet or computer that is quiet.
- Add your real first and last name to the account.
- Use the Zoom link and Meeting ID code to login to your zoom meeting.
- Login 10 minutes prior to the meeting time and check that your video and audio are working properly.
- DO NOT select “Share Your Desktop” (this will enable all meeting participants to view your desktop and incoming messages).
- Mute your microphone when you are not speaking, to avoid adding background noise in the meeting.
- Raise your hand to ask a questions or participate in discussions and wait to be called on.
- Use Zoom’s chat function - You are able to text chat with others during the meeting, but only use it to enhance discussion. This is not a place to have side-conversations. You can send a question or statement to everyone or privately to a participant.
- Think about your actions on camera. Always remember that everyone can see you.
- If you can no longer attend the Zoom event, be sure to cancel online. All of the same event rules and expectations apply. Please view our Code of Conduct in the link under Documents.
- Consent form must be filled out for all participants. Parents must complete for those under 18. If you've already filled out consent for Come As You Are earlier in the year, you do not need to do another one.